[openstack-dev] [qa] [Solum] [tempest] Use of pecan test framework in functional tests

Ryan Petrello ryan.petrello at dreamhost.com
Tue Dec 10 21:24:50 UTC 2013

My opinion is that there’s value in both.  Writing functional tests for Solum’s test suite using WebTest can be pretty useful for testing the API’s logic without having to involve HTTP (to e.g., call API endpoints with certain POST arguments and assert that certain mocked functions end up being called down the line).

When you involve Tempest, though, you’re generally pointing at a real HTTP server and testing for correctness, so using HTTP here makes sense (imo).

---
Ryan Petrello
Senior Developer, DreamHost
ryan.petrello at dreamhost.com