[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] [Rally] Does Ceilometer affect instance creation?

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Dec 10 11:19:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 10 2013, Nadya Privalova wrote:

Hi Nadya,

> Guys, if you have any questions or comments you are welcome! I think that
> 2x difference between avg time in "empty lab" and "5 sec polling" scenario
> is not a bad result. But 100 instances that were being monitored during the
> test is not a real load for the lab. What do you think? Should I repeat the
> test with 1000 instances?

You didn't mention where you were storing the metrics. If you store them
in the same MySQL DB that's used by Nova for example, it's likely that's
the problem is the load Ceilometer puts on the MySQL cluster slows Nova
down.

I don't think it's worth running the test with more instances for now.
The results are clear, the next action should be to see why things are
slowed down that much. It shouldn't happen.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker # independent consultant