[openstack-dev] [Heat] workflow for fixes involving numerous changes

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 10 09:45:11 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I am fixing assertions in unittests now (initially
https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1259023). I've seen that Clint have
split this bug into three separate bugs, one per assertion misuse type. As
these changes will affect many files (practically every file in the tests),
I would like to ask the following:

- should I file other separate bugs for other assertion misuse types?
(right now I also see ignorance of assertIsInstance)
- should I then commit changes in small patch-sets, may be one-two files at
once?
- wouldn't it be better to keep all these changes in one bug and fix all
misuses per file basis (with one file per patch-set for example)? It seems
to me it would be easier to review in this way.

Best regards,
Pavlo Shchelokovskyy.