[openstack-dev] [Scheduler] about scheduler-as-a-service

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 09:30:37 UTC 2013

we know that there is a scheduler-as-a-service[1] working in progress now,
aiming at smart resource placement and also providing the instance group
API work for nova.

But what I wonder is does it include the feature of DRS(Distributed
Resource Scheduler, something like that), as it is in vCenter[2], or is
there any project related to this? or some related bp?

Any hints are appreciated. I apologize if this question was already covered
and I missed it.

[1]https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/icehouse-external-scheduler
[2]https://www.vmware.com/cn/products/vsphere/features/drs-dpm.html

--