[openstack-dev] [Solum] [Security]

Paul Montgomery paul.montgomery at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Dec 9 21:07:36 UTC 2013

Thanks Clayton!  I added your new content.

To all:
The OpenStack Security Guide is a very good resource to read -
http://docs.openstack.org/security-guide/content/openstack_user_guide.html

Apologies for not being up to speed on how things work in OpenStack yet
but here is a list of topics that I would like to discuss with the
community and reach a conclusion (guidance on how to get there is greatly
appreciated):

1) Solum community agrees that the OpenStack Security Guide (OSSG) will be
the basis for the Solum security architecture
2) Create a list of Solum security requirements that the community agrees
to take on from the OSSG and create a separate list of security
implementation that operators will be expected to implement on their own
3) Create a list of Solum-specific security requirements that the
community approves.  I recommend that
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Solum/Security becomes this Solum-specific
security requirements list which the OSSG doesn't cover
4) Assign each security requirement a future Solum milestone, (beyond
milestone-1), details TBD

Finally determine the method for putting security requirements into the
work queue.  Sometimes blueprints will work but some security topics are
not easily confined to a single task or section of code.  Wikis or even
HACKING.rst might be locations for these requirements.