[openstack-dev] [qa][keystone] Keystoneclient tests to tempest

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Dec 9 19:10:37 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-09 11:50:31 -0600 (-0600), Brant Knudson wrote:
[...]
> I don't know of any specific testing that verifies that the
> client works against older (stable/*) servers. Maybe it happens
> when you submit a change to stable/ later.

When a change is submitted or approved for a stable/foo server
branch, Tempest tests run with the other stable servers from that
release along with the master branch tip of all client libraries.
This helps prevent a stable branch update in a server from doing
something which won't work with the latest client versions (as long
as it's being exercised in Tempest). Work is underway to do the same
for changes to the clients so they don't break stable branches of
servers (as happened recently with the iso8601/grizzly debacle). The
other missing piece of the puzzle is testing the servers against the
latest release of the client, so we don't land changes to servers
which require unreleased client features.
--
Jeremy Stanley