[openstack-dev] [Nova][Schduler] Volunteers wanted for a modest proposal for an external scheduler in our lifetime

Herman Narkaytis hnarkaytis at mirantis.com
Mon Dec 9 16:18:17 UTC 2013

Hi All,
  Last couple of month Mirantis team was working on new scalable scheduler
architecture. The main concept was proposed by Boris Pavlovic in the
following blue print
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/no-db-scheduler and Alexey
Ovchinnikov prepared a bunch of patches
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/45867/9
  This patch set was intensively reviewed by community and there was a call
for some kind of documentation that describes overall architecture and
details of implementation. Here is an etherpad document
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/scheduler-design-proposal (a copy in
google doc
https://docs.google.com/a/mirantis.com/document/d/1irmDDYWWKWAGWECX8bozu8AAmzgQxMCAAdjhk53L9aM/edit
).
  Comments and critics are highly welcome.

HHN.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/03/2013 03:17 AM, Robert Collins wrote:
> > The team size was a minimum, not a maximum - please add your names.
> >
> > We're currently waiting on the prerequisite blueprint to land before
> > work starts in earnest; and for the blueprint to be approved (he says,
> > without having checked to see if it has been now:))
>
> I approved it.
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/forklift-scheduler-breakout
>
> Once this is moving, please keep me in the loop on progress.
>
> --
> Russell Bryant

Herman Narkaytis
DoO Ru, PhD
Tel.: +7 (8452) 674-555, +7 (8452) 431-555
Tel.: +7 (495) 640-4904
Tel.: +7 (812) 640-5904
Tel.: +38(057)728-4215
Tel.: +1 (408) 715-7897
ext 2002
http://www.mirantis.com

This email (including any attachments) is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not copy, use, disclose, distribute or rely on
the information contained in it. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete the email
from your system. Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this
communication are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.
Mirantis does not guarantee (that this email or the attachment's) are
unaffected by computer virus, corruption or other defects. Mirantis may
monitor incoming and outgoing emails for compliance with its Email Policy.
Please note that our servers may not be located in your country.