[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Tuskar] Icehouse Requirements

Liz Blanchard lsurette at redhat.com
Mon Dec 9 15:44:00 UTC 2013

On Dec 9, 2013, at 8:58 AM, James Slagle <james.slagle at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Matt Wagner <matt.wagner at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> - As an infrastructure administrator, Anna expects that the
>>> management node for the deployment services is already up and running
>>> and the status of this node is shown in the UI.
>>
>> The 'management node' here is the undercloud node that Anna is
>> interacting with, as I understand it. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
>> So it's not a bad idea to show its status, but I guess the mere fact
>> that she's using it will indicate that it's operational.
>
> That's how I read it as well, which assumes that you're using the
> undercloud to manage itself.
>
> FWIW, based on the OpenStack personas I think that Anna would be the
> one doing the undercloud setup.  So, maybe this use case should be:
>
> - As an infrastructure administrator, Anna wants to install the
> undercloud so she can use the UI.
>
> That piece is going to be a pretty big part of the entire deployment
> process, so I think having a use case for it makes sense.

+1. I've added this as the very first use case.

> Nice work on the use cases Liz, thanks for pulling them together.

Thanks to all for the great discussion on these use cases. The questions/comments that they've generated is exactly what I was hoping for. I will continue to make updates and refine these[1] based on discussions. Of course, feel free to add to/change these yourself as well.

Liz

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TripleO/Tuskar/IcehouseUserStories