[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Compute meter names prefaced by "instance:"

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 01:25:58 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 4:27 AM, Pendergrass, Eric
<eric.pendergrass at hp.com>wrote:

> Hi, I’ve been out for nearly 3 weeks and noticed Compute meter names are
> now prefaced by "instance:"
>

> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/measurements.html
>

> Not sure when this happened but I was wondering if the change applies
> across all OpenStack.  Will Nova use the change for its events?
>

> Also, is the purpose of the change to identify that instance types are
> undefined and may vary by installation?

I don't know whether a prefix is being added, but in Nova we have been
removing the use of the term 'instance' and consistently using 'server'
instead for anything user facing. I think it'd be a good idea if we were
consistent with this across the OpenStack projects.

Chris