[openstack-dev] [heat] [glance] Heater Proposal

Edmund Troche edmund.troche at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 6 23:12:21 UTC 2013

I thought about that, i.e. first step in implementation just adding
templates, but like you said, you might end up duplicating 5 of the 7
tables in the Glance database, for every new "asset type" (image, template,
etc). Then you would do a similar thing for the endpoints. So, I'm not sure
what's a better way to approach this. For all I know, doing a
"s/image/asset/g" for *.py,, adding attribute images.type, and a little
more refactoring, might get us 80% of the asset management functionality
that we would need initially ;-) Not knowing the Glance code base I'm only
going by the surface footprint, so I'll leave it to the experts to comment
on what would be a good approach to take Glance to the next level.

Edmund Troche