[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Tuskar] Questions around Development Process

Tzu-Mainn Chen tzumainn at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 15:37:20 UTC 2013

Hey all,

We're starting to work on the UI for tuskar based on Jarda's wireframes, and as we're doing so, we're realizing that
we're not quite sure what development methodology is appropriate.  Some questions:

a) Because we're essentially doing a tear-down and re-build of the whole architecture (a lot of the concepts in tuskar
will simply disappear), it's difficult to do small incremental patches that support existing functionality.  Is it okay
to have patches that break functionality?  Are there good alternatives?

b) In the past, we allowed parallel development of the UI and API by having well-documented expectations of what the API
would provide.  We would then mock those calls in the UI, replacing them with real API calls as they became available.  Is
this acceptable?

If there are precedents for this kind of stuff, we'd be more than happy to follow them!

Thanks,
Tzu-Mainn Chen