[openstack-dev] [TripleO] UI Wireframes - close to implementation start

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Dec 5 20:26:36 UTC 2013

On 6 December 2013 08:32, Matt Wagner <matt.wagner at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue Dec  3 06:53:04 2013, Jaromir Coufal wrote:

> I think it would be very fair to say that's just something we're not
> focusing on at this point, and that to start out we're just going to
> handle the simple case of wanting to install many nodes, each with only
> one distinct type. But I just wanted to clarify that we are, indeed,
> making that decision?

TripleO /can/ be used to deploy a single node cloud, but outside of
testing our templates thats really not interesting: a single node
cloud with a separate undercloud is going to be an exceedingly rare
deployment: 100% overhead from the deployment infrastructure is not
going to sit well with low-budget environments. Not that TripleO needs
a big budget, just that thats a corollary: if you're installing one
machine, you aren't really in a position to use rolling upgrades, to
have a separate entire machine managing your deployment, and dedicate
a LAN to your cloud.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>