[openstack-dev] [heat] [glance] Heater Proposal

Fox, Kevin M kevin.fox at pnnl.gov
Thu Dec 5 18:16:27 UTC 2013

My 2 cents. Glance currently deals with single file images.

A user is going to want the heat repo to operate at a "stack" level. IE, I want to launch stack "foo".

For all but the most trivial cases, a stack is made up of more then one template. These templates should be versioned as set (stack), not separately.

So, glance would probably need to change to support "images" with multiple files. This could be done, but may be a bigger architectural change then originally considered.

Thanks,
Kevin