[openstack-dev] [TripleO] capturing build details in images

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Thu Dec 5 12:49:39 UTC 2013

Hi

On 4 December 2013 22:19, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:

> So - what about us capturing this information outside the image: we
> can create a uuid for the build, and write a file in the image with
> that uuid, and outside the image we can write

 +1

I think having a UUID inside the image is a spectacularly good idea
generally, and this seems like a good way to solve the general problem of
what to put in the image.
It would also be nice to capture the build logs automatically to
$UUID-build.log or something, for folk who really really care about audit
trails and reproducibility.

--
Cheers,

Chris