[openstack-dev] [Solumn] Suggestion about usage of mailing lists

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Dec 4 22:42:43 UTC 2013

On 5 December 2013 11:39, Boris Pavlovic <bpavlovic at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Russell,
>
> Actually what I said is not only related to Solumn or any other project.
>
> Main "idea" of it was that, well structured etherpads are much better
> instrument for such discussions.
>
> Do you disagree with this also?

I disagree with it.

I think /discussion/ in a mailing list is a great way to get broad input.
IRC gets narrow - whoever is on at the time - input
etherpads get very little input *unless* you reach out over IRC and
lists to get the input

Etherpads are very good for *assembling* the result of discussions and
debugging plans and so forth.

Wiki pages are great for doing adhoc manuals and living
google-searchable reference material.

IMNSHO.

-Rob

--