[openstack-dev] Plugin Blueprint and ML2 Plugin

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Tue Dec 3 17:04:32 UTC 2013

On Dec 3, 2013, at 10:13 AM, NAVEEN R K REDDY <naveen.kunareddy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have couple of questions wrt to plugin blueprint and ml2 plugin,
>
> 1.  We are planning to submit the plugin into Openstack Icehouse release. The question we have is there any deadline for the plugin blueprint submission ?
> 2.  Is there anything like mandatory for everyone need to implement ML2 plugin instead of monolithic plugin ?
>

> Thanks in advance.

Hi Naveen:

Here is my reply on the other thread, copied here in case people
want to continue the discussion on this thread:

The sooner you submit your blueprint the better, as Neutron core devs
can comment on it and help answer questions for you. You can implement
an ML2 MechanismDriver or a monolithic plugin, but if you file the BP
we can help you decide which may be better for your environment.

Keep in mind there are new 3rd party requirements in neutron for plugins
now [1], the key one being external Tempest testing.

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-November/019219.html