[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Tuning QueuePool parameters?

Maru Newby marun at redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 16:16:48 UTC 2013

I recently ran into this bug while trying to concurrently boot a large number (75) of VMs:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1160442

I see that the fix for the bug added configuration of SQLAlchemy QueuePool parameters that should prevent the boot failures I was seeing.  However, I don't see a good explanation on the bug as to what values to set the configuration to or why the defaults weren't updated to something sane.  If that information is available somewhere, please share!  I'm not sure why this bug is considered fixed if it's still possible to trigger it with no clear path to resolution.

Maru