[openstack-dev] {TripleO] UI Wireframes - close to implementation start

Tzu-Mainn Chen tzumainn at redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 14:30:55 UTC 2013

> Hey folks,

> I opened 2 issues on UX discussion forum with TripleO UI topics:

> Resource Management:
> http://ask-openstackux.rhcloud.com/question/95/tripleo-ui-resource-management/
> - this section was already reviewed before, there is not much surprises, just
> smaller updates
> - we are about to implement this area

> http://ask-openstackux.rhcloud.com/question/96/tripleo-ui-deployment-management/
> - these are completely new views and they need a lot of attention so that in
> time we don't change direction drastically
> - any feedback here is welcome

> We need to get into implementation ASAP. It doesn't mean that we have
> everything perfect from the very beginning, but that we have direction and
> we move forward by enhancements.

> Therefor implementation of above mentioned areas should start very soon.

> If all possible, I will try to record walkthrough with further explanations.
> If you have any questions or feedback, please follow the threads on
> ask-openstackux.

> Thanks
> -- Jarda

These wireframes look really good! However, would it be possible to get the list of requirements driving them? For example, something on the level of:

1) removal of resource classes and racks
2) what happens behind the scenes when deployment occurs
3) the purpose of "compute class"
4) etc

I think it'd be easier to understand the "big picture" that way. Thanks!

Mainn