[openstack-dev] [ceilometer][qa] Punting ceilometer from whitelist

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Mon Dec 2 18:57:46 UTC 2013

On 12/02/2013 10:24 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 29 2013, David Kranz wrote:
>
>> In preparing to fail builds with log errors I have been trying to make
>> things easier for projects by maintaining a whitelist. But these bugs in
>> ceilometer are coming in so fast that I can't keep up. So I am  just putting
>> ".*" in the white list for any cases I find before gate failing is turned
>> on, hopefully early this week.
> Following the chat on IRC and the bug reports, it seems this might come
>  From the tempest tests that are under reviews, as currently I don't
> think Ceilometer generates any error as it's not tested.
>
> So I'm not sure we want to whitelist anything?
So I tested this with https://review.openstack.org/#/c/59443/. There are
flaky log errors coming from ceilometer. You
can see that the build at 12:27 passed, but the last build failed twice,
each with a different set of errors. So the whitelist needs to remain
and the ceilometer team should remove each entry when it is believed to
be unnecessary.

> The tricky part is going to be for us to fix Ceilometer on one side and
> re-run Tempest reviews on the other side once a potential fix is merged.
This is another use case for the promised
dependent-patch-between-projects thing.

  -David