[openstack-dev] [Hacking] License headers in empty files

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Dec 2 17:37:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 28 2013, Julien Danjou wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 28 2013, Sean Dague wrote:
>
>> I'm totally in favor of going further and saying "empty files shouldn't
>> have license headers, because their content of emptiness isn't
>> copyrightable" [1]. That's just not how it's written today.
>
> I went ahead and sent a first patch:
>
>   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/59090/
>
> Help appreciated. :)

The patch is ready for review, but it also a bit stricter as it
completely disallows files with _only_ comments in them.

This is something that sounds like a good idea, but Joe wanted to bring
this to the mailing list for attention first, in case there would be a
problem.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker # independent consultant