[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Vote required for certificate as first-class citizen - SSL Termination (Revised)

Vijay Venkatachalam Vijay.Venkatachalam at citrix.com
Mon Dec 2 09:16:07 UTC 2013

LBaaS enthusiasts: Your vote on the revised model for SSL Termination?

Here is a comparison between the original and revised model for SSL Termination:

***************
Original Basic Model that was proposed in summit
***************
* Certificate parameters introduced as part of VIP resource.
* This model is for basic config and there will be a model introduced in future for detailed use case.
* Each certificate is created for one and only one VIP.
* Certificate params not stored in DB and sent directly to loadbalancer.
* In case of failures, there is no way to restart the operation from details stored in DB.
***************
Revised New Model
* Certificate parameters will be part of an independent certificate resource. A first-class citizen handled by LBaaS plugin.
* It is a forwarding looking model and aligns with AWS for uploading server certificates.
* A certificate can be reused in many VIPs.
* Certificate params stored in DB.
* In case of failures, parameters stored in DB will be used to restore the system.

A more detailed comparison can be viewed in the following link
 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fFHbg3beRtmlyiryHiXlpWpRo1oWj8FqVeZISh07iGs/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Vijay V.