[openstack-dev] whey cannot we update vpn service and IPsecSiteConnection when they are in pending_create state

Yongsheng Gong gongysh at unitedstack.com
Mon Dec 2 06:16:47 UTC 2013

currently, when vpn service and IPsecSiteConnection are created, their
state is PENDING_CREATE,  which disallows updating at:
    def assert_update_allowed(self, obj):
        status = getattr(obj, 'status', None)
        _id = getattr(obj, 'id', None)
        if utils.in_pending_status(status):
            raise vpnaas.VPNStateInvalidToUpdate(id=_id, state=status)

so why cannot we update these objects just after we created them?

I think  for IPsecSiteConnection, we should be able to update some
description fields such as name, and for vpnservice objects, we should be
able to do updating if we have no IPsecSiteConnection for it.

Regards,
Yong Sheng Gong