[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Tempest] Need to prepare the IPv6 environment for static IPv6 injection test case

Yang XY Yu yuyangbj at cn.ibm.com
Mon Dec 2 03:01:19 UTC 2013

Hi all stackers,

Currently Neutron/Nova code has supported the static IPv6 injection, but
there is no tempest scenario coverage to support IPv6 injection test case.
So I finished the test case and run the it successfully in my local
environment, and already submitted the code-review in community:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/58721/, but the community Jenkins env has
not supported IPv6 and there are still a few pre-requisites setup below if
running the test case correctly,

1. Special Image needed to support IPv6 by using cloud-init, currently the
cirros image used by tempest does not installed cloud-init.

2. Prepare interfaces.template file below on compute node.
    edit  /usr/share/nova/interfaces.template

# Injected by Nova on instance boot
#

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

{% for ifc in interfaces -%}
auto {{ ifc.name }}
{% if use_ipv6 -%}
iface {{ ifc.name }} inet6 static
    address {{ ifc.address_v6 }}
    netmask {{ ifc.netmask_v6 }}
{%- if ifc.gateway_v6 %}
    gateway {{ ifc.gateway_v6 }}
{%- endif %}
{%- endif %}

{%- endfor %}

So considering these two pre-requisites, what should be done to enable
this patch for IPv6 injection? Should I open a bug for cirros to enable
cloud-init?   Or skip the test case because of this bug ?
Any comments are appreciated!

Thanks & Best Regards,
Yang Yu(于杨)
Cloud Solutions and OpenStack Development
China Systems & Technology Laboratory Beijing
E-mail: yuyangbj at cn.ibm.com
Tel: 86-10-82452757
Address: Ring Bldg. No.28 Building, Zhong Guan Cun Software Park,
No. 8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, ShangDi, Haidian District, Beijing 100193,
P.R.China