[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Question About Bug #1196170 Network type value constants are defined in multiple places

Justin Hammond justin.hammond at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Aug 30 17:51:12 UTC 2013

I am currently working this bug and I have a question about the scope of
the changes. The original description of the bug deals with constants
defined as TYPE_FLAT in multiple locations with the same value. It is
desired to have said constant put into common/constants.py and shared for
DRY-sake. I have discovered that there are constants that are equal to
TYPE_FLAT but are named differently, such as NETWORK_TYPE_FLAT and FLAT.
Should I change those and thereby change the code that uses the other
constant label?

Finally, if I run into other constants during this process should I note
them and create a new bug/change or do it all right now?