[openstack-dev] Proposal for Raksha, a Data Protection As a Service project
Murali.Balcha at triliodata.com
Wed Aug 28 22:12:51 UTC 2013
We would like to introduce a new project Raksha, a Data Protection As a Service (DPaaS) for OpenStack Cloud.
Raksha's primary goal is to provide a comprehensive Data Protection for OpenStack by leveraging Nova, Swift, Glance and Cinder. Raksha has following key features:
1. Provide an enterprise grade data protection for OpenStack based clouds
2. Tenant administered backups and restores
3. Application consistent backups
4. Point In Time(PiT) full and incremental backups and restores
5. Dedupe at source for efficient backups
6. A job scheduler for periodic backups
7. Noninvasive backup solution that does not require service interruption during backup window
You will find the rationale behind the need for Raksha in OpenStack in its Wiki. The wiki also has the preliminary design and the API description. Some of the Raksha functionality may overlap with Nova and Cinder projects and as a community lets work together to coordinate the features among these projects. We would like to seek out early feedback so we can address as many issues as we can in the first code drop. We are hoping to enlist the OpenStack community help in making Raksha a part of OpenStack.
Raksha's project resources:
Github: https://github.com/DPaaS-Raksha/Raksha (We will upload a prototype code in few days)
If you want to talk to us, send an email to openstack-dev at lists.launchpad.net with "[raksha]" in the subject or use #openstack-raksha irc channel.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev