[openstack-dev] [Nova] multiple-scheduler-drivers blueprint

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 19:47:42 UTC 2013

Greetings,

One of the important things to strive for in our community is consensus.
 When there's not consensus, we should take a step back and see if we
need to change directions.

There has been a lot of iterating on this feature, and I'm afraid we
still don't have consensus around the design.  Phil Day has been posting
some really good feedback on the review.  I asked Joe Gordon to take a
look and provide another opinion.  He agreed with Phil that we really
need to have scheduler policies be a first class API citizen.

So, that pushes this feature out to Icehouse, as it doesn't seem
possible to get this done in the required timeframe for Havana.

If you'd really like to push to get this into Havana, please make your
case.  :-)

Russell Bryant