[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-dev] Rechecks and Reverifies

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Tue Aug 27 16:42:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if there's any sort of automation we can apply to this, for
> example having known rechecks have "signatures" and if a failure matches
> the signature it auto applies the recheck.

I think we kinda already have that, the recheck list and the bug ID
assigned to it no?  Automatically scanning said list and doing the recheck
automatically seems like overkill in my opinion.  At some point human
though/interaction is required and I don't think it's too much to ask a
technical contributor to simply LOOK at the output from the test runs
against their patches and help out a bit. At the very least if you didn't
test your patch yourself and waited for Jenkins to tell you it's broken I
would hope that a submitter would at least be motivated to fix their own
issue that they introduced.