[openstack-dev] [keystone] Two BPs for managing the tokens

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 16:43:27 UTC 2013

Corvallis) <mark.m.miller at hp.com> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>

>> I would think you would want to reuse the same token but update the
expiration time as if it were the first time the token had been generated.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/periodically-flush-expired-token

>> which is used to delete expired token
>>
>> 2.  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/reuse-token
>>
>> which will re-use valid token
>>

>> These two BPs will help us to reduce the token records in token table
enormously.

>> I have put some ideas on the BP description.
>>

>> Any comments are welcome.

What about Adam Young's vision for keystone, which I like,
http://adam.younglogic.com/2013/07/a-vision-for-keystone/
These two blueprints don't appear to be in line with it.

Also, instead of making keystone reuse tokens why not make the token reuse
in the clients better (keyring based).  Last I checked it was disabled and
broken in nova (there was a patch to fix it, but keep it disabled)