[openstack-dev] cgroups cpu share allocation in grizzly seems incorrect

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Thu Aug 22 22:00:51 UTC 2013

I just noticed that in Grizzly regardless of the number of vCPUs the
value of /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/libvirt/qemu/instance-X/cpu.shares seems to
be the same.  If we were overloaded, this would give all instances the
same cpu time regardless of the number of vCPUs in the instance.

Is this design intent?  It seems to me that it would be more correct to
have the instance value be multiplied by the number of vCPUs.

Chris