[openstack-dev] [Openstack] object-oriented design in nova--room for improvement?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Thu Aug 22 18:17:58 UTC 2013

On 08/22/2013 11:31 AM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> I think that would make sense to. Would u want to try to prototype some
> code that might do this.
>
> That might help the nova core people see what your idea is.
>
> Although maybe they should chime in also (since I'm not sure if any other
> similar efforts are underway).

I'd love to, but at the moment we've got other stuff under way. (Yeah, I
know...I'm being the guy with the idea that doesn't have time to
implement it.)

I expect I'll be extending the resources being tracked on the host, so
I'll likely end up feeling the pain of having to modify all these
different places.   That's what prompted me to actually say something.

At least doing that might give me a better idea for what would actually
be involved in consolidating things a bit...

Chris