[openstack-dev] LXC host device passthrough

Mikyung Kang mkkang at isi.edu
Thu Aug 22 15:02:35 UTC 2013

Thanks, Russell and Brian.

Yes, that blueprint was initiated by USC-ISI team and I submitted the updated branch
for the code review in June 2013. But, core reviewers don't want to see too limited approach
for only GPU. So now we are going to work for LXC host device passthrough including GPU
like KVM PCI passthrough, based on the review comments.

What we propose is to implement LXC host device passthrough.
We want to be in sync with the current KVM pci-passthrough as much as possible.
What we suggest is to utilize current nova/pci/* related stuffs and add LXC related codes there.
If this is not good, a new separate patch for LXC host device needs to be done.

I'll appreciate more opinions/comments.
Anybody is welcome to collaboration.

Thanks,
Mikyung and David