[openstack-dev] [oslo.db] Proposal: Get rid of deleted column

Chris Behrens cbehrens at codestud.com
Wed Aug 21 00:00:32 UTC 2013

On Aug 20, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Vishvananda Ishaya <vishvananda at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> c) is going ot take a while. There are still quite a few places in nova,
>>> for example, that depend on accessing deleted records.
>>
>> Do you have a list of these places?
>
> No. I believe Joe Gordon did an initial look long ago. Off the top of my head I remember flavors and the simple-usage extension use them.

Yeah, flavors is a problem still, I think.  Although we've moved towards fixing most of it.

Unfortunately the API supports showing some amount of deleted instances if you specify 'changes-since'.  Although since I don't think 'some amount' is really quantified, we may be able to ignore that.  We should make that go away in v3… as long as there is some way for someone to see instances that can be reclaimed (soft delete state which is different than DB soft-delete)

There are some periodic tasks that look at deleted records in order to sync things.  The one that stands out to me is '_cleanup_running_deleted_instances'.

- Chris