[openstack-dev] [Swift] now with pbr

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Tue Aug 20 22:52:56 UTC 2013

A quick note to let everyone know that https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28892/ has merged and now means that Swift is using pbr for version numbers.

This has a couple of consequences that need to be made public:

1) In order to migrate to using pbr, we consumed the 1.9.2 version. I have therefore bumped the current milestone target to 1.9.3.

2) Anyone building packages for Swift will need to update their build scripts. You should read http://docs.openstack.org/developer/pbr/packagers.html. If you have already built packages for other projects that are using pbr, these are familiar to you.

Unless something comes up (eg like a security issue), the next release of Swift will be the one included in the OpenStack Havana release and will most likely be version 1.10.0.

If you do manage Swift packages, please go ahead and start looking at whatever changes you need to make so that you won't have issues when the Havana release happens.

--John