[openstack-dev] [nova] rpcapi versions control with can_send_version()

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Aug 20 18:00:55 UTC 2013

On 08/20/2013 01:37 PM, Day, Phil wrote:
> If I want to add a parameter and bump this to version 2.36, do I just
> change the version checked in can_send_version – or should there now be
> specific handling for each new version:

Specific handling for each version would be ideal.  We want to send the
newest message format we can.

What you had in the example code is what I would do.  There are other
examples of this in the conductor rpcapi.

(snipped the code ... the formatting was destroyed since it wasn't a
plain text email)

--
Russell Bryant