[openstack-dev] Continuous deployment - significant process change

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 03:10:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net>wrote: - Stable branch maintenance becoming
harder.

> The set of proposals being made to tackle this are:
>  - Set a much harder upper bound on commit size - we were saying 500
> lines, but the recent research paper suggests that saying 200 lines as
> target, with rubber band permitting up to 400 lines before we push
> back really hard.

+1

Though I think we probably could do with some better tools or tool
improvements
so we handle reviews of long series of dependent changesets better. As at
least in my experience, patches
in a dependent series tend to get reviewed a bit randomly and review effort
is effectively lost on the later
changesets when the inevitable rebase is required.

Chris