[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Concerning get_resources/get_meters and the Ceilometer API

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Sat Aug 17 07:10:54 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 16 2013, Jay Pipes wrote:

> Actually, that's the opposite of what I'm suggesting :) I'm suggesting
> getting rid of the resource_metadata column in the meter table and using the
> resource table in joins...

I think there's a lot of scenario where this would fail, like for
example instances being resized; the flavor is a metadata.

Though, changing the schema to improve performance is a good one, this
needs to be thought from the sample sending to the storage, through the
whole chain. This is something that will break a lot of current
assumption; that doesn't mean it's bad or we can't do it, just that we
need to think it through. :)

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; freelance consultant