[openstack-dev] Skipping tests in tempest via config file

Matt Riedemann mriedem at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 14 17:21:44 UTC 2013

I put a nose.cfg with my excludes in the user's root and it works to run
nosetests via the virtual environment like this:

tempest/tools/./with_venv.sh nosetests

I had to use the run_tests.sh script in tempest to create the virtual
environment, but after that running tempest via nose within the venv
wasn't a problem.  Of course, I didn't want to duplicate the test runs
when setting up the venv via run_tests.sh, so I created it with the -p
option to only run pep8 after it was setup (I'm not aware of a way to tell
it to not run any tests and simply setup the environment).

Going back to the bug I opened last night for failures on py26, it's fixed
with this patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/39346/

Thanks,

MATT RIEDEMANN
Advisory Software Engineer
Cloud Solutions and OpenStack Development

Phone: 1-507-253-7622 | Mobile: 1-507-990-1889
E-mail: mriedem at us.ibm.com

3605 Hwy 52 N
Rochester, MN 55901-1407
United States