[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Question about get_meters query using a JOIN

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Aug 14 15:47:04 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 14 2013, Thomas Maddox wrote:

> Ahhh yep, when I look at the two side-by-side I can see what you're
> saying. Thanks for the explanation!
>
> So, then should I write up a BP for improvements of this sort, like the
> API improvement one? It seems like we may get better results if the SQL
> implementation is more SQL-like than Mongo-like since they are
> fundamentally different things. I noticed some notes in there also about
> the JOIN being especially expensive.

Honestly, I wouldn't require a blueprint for that but if you prefer
writing one before because you think it's going to take a while, be
split in a lot of patches, go ahead. At this stage of development anyway
we're not going to wait on it. :)

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker # freelance consultant