[openstack-dev] [keystone] [oslo] postpone key distribution bp until icehouse?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Aug 14 15:41:53 UTC 2013

Dolph Mathews wrote:
> With regard
> to: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/key-distribution-server
> [...]

Dolph: you don't mention Barbican at all, does that mean that the issue
is settled and the KDS should live in keystone ?

A side-benefit of landing early in Icehouse rather than late in Havana,
IMHO, was that we could put everyone in the same room (and around the
same beers) and get a single path forward.

I'm a bit worried (that's with my release management hat on) that if
everyone discovers that Barbican is the way to go for key distribution
at the Hong-Kong summit, we would now have to deprecate the in-Keystone
KDS over several releases just because it landed a few weeks too early.

That said I haven't followed closely the latest discussions on this, so
maybe this is not as much duplication of effort as I think ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)