[openstack-dev] Difference between RBAC polices thats stored in policy.json and policies that can be created using openstack/identity/v3/policies

Henry Nash henryn at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 14 09:14:25 UTC 2013

Hi Sudheesh,

Using v3/policies is just a way of allowing other keystone projects (nova, glance) etc. a place to centrally store/access their policy files.  Keystone does not interpret any of the data you store here - it is simply acting as a central repository (where you can store a big blob of data that is, in effect, your policy file).  So the only place you can set policies is in the policy file.

Henry