[openstack-dev] [Horizon] The source language of Horizon in Transifex

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Wed Aug 14 08:05:23 UTC 2013

Hi Daisy,

"Ying Chun Guo" <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com> wrote:
> Now the source language of Horizon in Transifex is set as en_US, not en. So
> when pulling the translations
> from Transifex, there will be some dummy characters in en.po, which will
> cause errors in unit
> tests.
>
> I don't find a way to change the setting in Transifex. I think the only way
> to fix it is to
> re-upload the resources with source language setting as en, and delete the
> existing resources.
>
> Please let me know if Horizon development team know the issue and have any
> plans to fix it. Thanks

We have a bug open for tracking this, 1179526 [0]. Akihiro Motoki
suggested a temporary change that prevents the issues we saw with
unit tests, which we should implement. I think at this point we
were planning on reaching out to our contacts at Transifex (...if
we have any?) to see if it would be possible to fix this without
having to delete and recreate the project.

Regards,

Julie

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1179526