[openstack-dev] GPU passthrough support blueprints for OpenStack

Brian Schott brian.schott at nimbisservices.com
Tue Aug 13 22:07:07 UTC 2013

Are there more recent blueprints related to adding GPU pass-through support?  All that I can find are some stale blueprints that I created around the Cactus timeframe (while wearing a different hat) that are pretty out of date.

I just heard a rumor that folks are doing Nvidia GRID K2 GPU passthrough with KVM successfully using linux 3.10.6 kernel with RHEL.

In addition, Lorin and I did some GPU passthrough testing back in the spring with GRID K2 on HyperV, libvirt+xen, and XenServer.  Slides are here:
http://www.slideshare.net/bfschott/nimbis-schott-openstackgpustatus20130618

The virtualization support for  GPU-enabled virtual desktops and GPGPU seems to have stabilized this year for server deployments.  How is this going to be supported in OpenStack?

Brian

Brian Schott, CTO
Nimbis Services, Inc.
brian.schott at nimbisservices.com