[openstack-dev] [savanna] Savanna PTL election proposal

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Aug 13 11:29:52 UTC 2013

Matthew Farrellee wrote:
>  2. Candidate nomination -
>   a. anyone can list names in
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/savanna-ptl-candidates-0
>   b. anyone mentioned during this week's IRC meeting
>   c. both (a) and (b)
>   - Current direction is to be inclusive and thus (c)

We do self-nomination (people who want to run nominate themselves)
because then you don't have to go through the painful step of
*confirming* candidates (people may not agree to run).

>  3. Electorate -
>   a. all AUTHORS on the Savanna repositories
>   b. all committers (git log --author) on Savanna repos since Grizzly
> release
>   c. all committers since Savanna inception
>   d. savanna-core members (currently 2 people)
>   e. committers w/ filter on number of commits or size of commits
>   - Current direction is to be broadly inclusive (not (d) or (e)) thus
> (a), it is believed that (a) ~= (b) ~= (c).

If you want to make it "like OpenStack" it should be all Savanna recent
authors (last year), as given by git. Maybe the infra team could even
give you a list of emails for use in CIVS.

>  4. Duration of election -
>   a. 1 week (from 15 Aug meeting to 22 Aug meeting)
>  5. Term -
>   a. effective immediately through next full OpenStack election cycle
> (i.e. now until "I" release, 6 mo+)
>   b. effective immediately until min(6 mo, incubation)
>   c. effective immediately until end of incubation
>   - Current direction is any option that aligns with the standard
> OpenStack election cycle

I think (a) would work well.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)