[openstack-dev] [vmware] VMwareAPI sub-team status update 2013-08-12

Shawn Hartsock hartsocks at vmware.com
Tue Aug 13 02:11:31 UTC 2013

Greetings stackers!

Here's the Monday report for the VMware API subteam! We've got 4 ready for a core-reviewer to take a look at! Meanwhile, there's a healthy pile of patches (8 in all) that need rework. I've got 5 patches that need reviews done by someone who knows VMware API's and 3 that are in need of some work. The August 22nd deadline is coming up, if you have a Havana feature to post and propose we need to get it up here. If you've got something that needs a VMware person's attention, make sure to add me so I can track it or pass it on to the right people.  (For example: Thanks to Dan Smith for letting me grab this patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/40682/ and have our CI team look at it.)

On that note:

Merged: 2, Ready for core: 4

Needs one more core review/approval:
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/37389/ ,'VMware: Ensure Neutron networking works with VMware drivers'
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1202042
    core votes,1, non-core votes,5, down votes, 0
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/40105/ ,'VMware: use VM uuid for volume attach and detach'
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1208173
    core votes,1, non-core votes,2, down votes, 0

Ready for core reviewer:
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/33100/ ,'Fixes host stats for VMWareVCDriver'
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1190515
    core votes,0, non-core votes,4, down votes, 0
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/40298/ ,'Fix snapshot in VMWwareVCDriver'
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1184807
    core votes,0, non-core votes,4, down votes, 0

Needs VMware API expert review:
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/37659/ ,'Enhance VMware Hyper instance disk usage'
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/improve-vmware-disk-usage
    core votes,0, non-core votes,2, down votes, 0
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/40245/ ,'Nova support for vmware cinder driver'
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-nova-cinder-support
    core votes,0, non-core votes,1, down votes, 0
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/30282/ ,'Multiple Clusters using single compute service'
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/multiple-clusters-managed-by-one-service
    core votes,0, non-core votes,2, down votes, 0
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/40029/ ,'VMware: Config Drive Support'
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1206584
    core votes,0, non-core votes,2, down votes, 0
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/37819/ ,'VMware image clone strategy settings and overrides'
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-image-clone-strategy
    core votes,0, non-core votes,0, down votes, 0

Needs discussion/work (has -1):
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/34903/ ,'Deploy vCenter templates'
    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/deploy-vcenter-templates-from-vmware-nova-driver
    core votes,0, non-core votes,2, down votes, -1
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/30628/ ,'Fix VCDriver to pick the datastore that has capacity'
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1171930
    core votes,0, non-core votes,6, down votes, -1
* NEW, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/33504/ ,'VMware: nova-compute crashes if VC not available'
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1192016
    core votes,0, non-core votes,1, down votes, -1

Keep reviewing and keep up the good work.

Meeting info:
* https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/VMwareAPI

# Shawn Hartsock