[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Need help with HBase backend

Thomas Maddox thomas.maddox at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Aug 12 14:42:54 UTC 2013

Happens all of the time. I haven't been able to get a single meter stored. :(

From: Stas Maksimov <maksimov at gmail.com<mailto:maksimov at gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, August 12, 2013 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Need help with HBase backend

Is it sporadic or happens all the time?

In my case my Ceilometer VM was different from HBase VM, so I'm not sure if DHCP issues can affect localhost connections.

Thanks,
Stas

On 12 August 2013 15:29, Thomas Maddox <thomas.maddox at rackspace.com<mailto:thomas.maddox at rackspace.com>> wrote:
Hmmm, that's interesting.

That would effect an all-in-one deployment? It's referencing localhost right now; not distributed. My Thrift server is hbase://127.0.0.1:9090/<http://127.0.0.1:9090/>. Or would that still effect it, because it's a software facilitated localhost reference and I'm doing dev inside of a VM (in the cloud) rather than a hardware host?

I really appreciate your help!

-Thomas