[openstack-dev] Flakiness with launchpad tracking bug status?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Aug 10 21:40:23 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-10 13:20:41 -0500 (-0500), Matt Riedemann wrote:
> I've been seeing some flakiness lately with launchpad not tracking
> Gerrit status when a patch is proposed (changing the bug to 'In
> Progress') or merged (changing the bug to 'Fix Committed'). Has
> anyone else experienced this? Note that the bugs even show when a
> patch is proposed, change the assignee and track when it's merged
> in github, but doesn't change the status.
[...]

Yes, this was an announced change in the bug integration hook for
commit message processing a little over a week ago...

In short, some of the old commonly-used patterns were reimplemented
for convenience, but the new parser is not 100% backward compatible
so some wordier bug-related comments will not be picked up
(particularly if they're not all on one line, "bug" is not one of
the first two words or there are additional words after it prior to
the bug number). Best of course is to use the new headers mentioned
there, so you can also benefit from the new partial and related bug
associations.
--
Jeremy Stanley