[openstack-dev] [glance] Should image size/checksum be immutable for active images?

Mark Washenberger mark.washenberger at markwash.net
Fri Aug 9 16:08:53 UTC 2013

This is definitely a bug of some form or another. When you change either
size or checksum, I believe you lose the ability to download your image. I
still want to think a bit more to be assured that "fixing" this bug isn't
somehow backwards incompatible, however.

It seems like (only) the v1 api is affected by this problem--which is
somewhat astonishing. I'll keep digging to try to figure out the origin of
this problem. Meanwhile, Stuart, could you file a bug?