[openstack-dev] [Heat] as-update-policy implementation details

Chan, Winson C winson.c.chan at intel.com
Fri Aug 9 06:11:18 UTC 2013

Zane,

I tested FnGetRefId() in LaunchConfiguration to return unicode(self.physical_resource_name()).  It doesn't work so well.  When InstanceGroup resolve runtime data and resolve resource refs, the physical resource name (I.e.test_stack-JobServerConfig-jnzjnpomcxv5) replaced { 'Ref': 'JobServerConfig' }.  So when InstanceGroup tries to look up the LaunchConfiguration resource during handle_create, it throws a KeyError on the physical resource name.  The LaunchConfiguration is using key 'JobServerConfig' in the stack's resources dictionary.  Any I missing something here?

Thanks.
Winson