[openstack-dev] Oslo.exception being dropped??

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 19:14:16 UTC 2013

This touches on one of my big pet peeves, in the commit message one should:

"*Describe why a change is being made.*

A common mistake is to just document how the code has been written, without
describing /why/ the developer chose to do it that way. By all means
describe the overall code structure, particularly for large changes, but
more importantly describe the intent/motivation behind the changes."

Actually,
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GitCommitMessages#Information_in_commit_messages
has
a really great description of what a commit message should include and why,
but rarely due.