[openstack-dev] Keystone Split Backend LDAP Configuration Question

Miller, Mark M (EB SW Cloud - R&D - Corvallis) mark.m.miller at hp.com
Wed Aug 7 21:26:26 UTC 2013

Hi Guang,

Thank you for the reply. Would you be a little more specific or give me an example of a configurable LDAP query filter? Right now the keystone SQL database does not keep much information on users that come from the LDAP server. The only entry I could find was one in the user_project_metadata table:

    mark.m.miller at hp.com

| 9798b027472d4f459d231c005977b3ac

| {"roles": [{"id": "7fb862d10b5c46679b4334eae9c73a46"}]}

It used my LDAP uid for the keystone uid. So the issue is how to start the user lookup. Do you locate all of the users in the keystone SQL database by collating various tables and then perform a lookup in the LDAP server with this set of data, or do you start with all of the users from the LDAP database and then see if they exist in the keystone SQL database tables? I am still checking, but I assume the latter is true.

Concerning user status, I would think that only "Active" users should be enabled in keystone. I was hoping to find an attribute that I could set such as:

user_enabled_attribute = hpStatus
user_enabled_value = "Active"

And then any other value would equal disabled.  I suppose you could say that if the LDAP backend system will let a user log in, then that is good enough and keystone should consider them enabled. Is that what you meant?

Mark